Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Oh the Joys!

Being almost 37 weeks pregnant is a new, exciting, yet frightening thing for me right now.  Seeing as I never made it past 34 weeks with Lizzie, I am currently going through a whole new experience.  I seem to be going through a lot of contractions, weight gain, and the swelling of my body.

Yesterday I discovered that my hands were swelling.  I only discovered this because my wedding ring is currently leaving an impression onto my skin.  My feet are also slightly swelling, but not as bad as they were with Lizzie, so I am sure that this is just one of the joys of being the final stage of being pregnant (please note sarcasm!)

I am so tired all the time, I don't know how I am supposed to keep up with an energized 2-year old.  Yesterday I placed Lizzie down for a nap, and then went to go take on myself.  I was woken up, when Nick came home from work, and said that it looked like we had been robbed.  He came home and found that not only was Lizzie's gate still up, but she was out of her room, and had ransacked the living room.  It was a huge disaster. 

We had no idea how she got out of the gate, that is until at 12am she woke up and opened her door.  I looked over and Lizzie was pushing the bottom of the gate out, in order to climb under it, to get out.  Leave it to my 2-year old to figure out how to get around a gate.  After all, she seems to get around everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment