Saturday, June 12, 2010

My body working against me

So on Thursday, things were supposed to be simple... but when are they ever?

It started out well.  I had learned that my mom, Ashley (my youngest sister, Jenni, best friend), and Nicole (my younger sister) were going to be in town, on time for my doctors appointment.  I was excited because 1.) I wasn't going to have to take a bus and 2.) Lizzie would be able to come with us, should I be sent to the hospital.  That was something that Nick and I had to be prepared for at all time!

So Mom took Lizzie and I to the doctors and things were going well.  But then of course my bp had to act up.  My bp was at 160/90 and slowly rising.  Now normally that would be considered borderline, but since my pregnancy with Lizzie ended up with pre-eclampsia, so they waited a minute or two and then retook my bp only to find it had gone up to 162/90 so I was sent right to the hospital.

Now on this day, my youngest sister Jenni was going to be graduating from high school, and had given me a firm warning that Makenna was not allowed to come on her graduation.  But of course, since when did any baby listen to what they are told? 

So Nicole called my dad to come pick up her, Ashley, and of course Lizzie, so they wouldn't have to sit in the hospital.  Mom was considering what to do, and it was decided that it would be best, since mom did come down for Jenni's graduation, that she would go to the graduation. 

I knew it would be boring alone, but I really didn't want to upset her day, so I stayed in the hospital, and prayed for my bp to go down.  Finally about 2 hours later, my bp had lowered enough for me to go home.  So Mom came and picked me up, and I got to spend some time with Jenni and go to her graduation. 

I am glad that I didn't have to give birth, and when I go in on Monday to see my doctor, we will see what she has to say.  It may very well end up with me getting sent back to the hospital.  Or she may have Nick and I pick a date to have a c-section.

Since my bp is starting to act up, it has been decided that I can no longer have the choice to have a natural birth.  With my bp acting the way it is, I could end up in a seizure while in labor.  So on Monday I hope to have more answers, and I guess we will see what will happen.  I will update again on Monday!

1 comment:

  1. All I know is I was scared at the thought of you having the baby while I was down there... It's one thing to be 9 hours away and knowing your sister's in labor, but a completely different thing to be downstairs from her and know it... I don't know that I could've handled it! So praise God Makenna decided to wait a lil longer! :-D

    ReplyDelete