Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Simple Pleasures

I just love it when I get to watch Lizzie do something new.  Lately my wonderful two year old has taken a liken to Elmo.  When she sees him, her face just lights up.  She gets a huge smile on her face, and she is glued to the T.V. or laptop until there is no more Elmo.  Today I pulled 'Elmo in Grouchland' on Netflicks and Lizzie sat next to me on the couch for two hours watching her favorite person in the whole world. 

It can be hard going into a store with her, because when she sees an Elmo, she either grabs it, screams for it, or looking longingly at it.  When that face comes up, I almost feel guilty because we can't always get her the doll or item, like I would like to.  Because of Elmo my daughter now knows the tune for her ABC's and sometimes it even seems like she is counting, like when she climbs up and down the stairs at our apartment.

For me, seeing Lizzie learn new things, is one of the greatest pleasures that I can enjoy.  Her bright smile, makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment