Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Week Two Day One

The Couch-to-5K ® Running PlanSo Yesterday ended up being a slow day for me.  I didn't wake up in time to get out there before the sun and heat became an issue, so I had planned on going in the evening, but it was still too hot to actually do that, so I figured this morning would be fine.  I actually manged to wake up this morning, placed a movie on for the girls (who had woken - and I didn't want them waking Nick) and then headed out.  The walk started out fine, and the first run was fine, but the rest was brutal. 

I made it through the whole thing, but who would have thought that the running would feel so long, when actually it was less, because I was running longer but lesser times.  I was still winded by the time I finished the five minute cool-down walk, and I was sure that I wouldn't make it.  Thankfully I did.


So I now have two days left of Week Two and I have to decide how I want to do it, since Thursday I won't have time...leaving with my Dad and Darren at 6:30 in the morning.  We're going to drop Daddy off, then have some Darren/Stephanie time while Daddy works, before they take me to Bakersfield to meet with my Mom.

This weekend is one of my best friends wedding!  And I honestly can't wait to see her again, since it's been so long!!  This will be the first time (since becoming a Mom) that I will be going anyplace for a period of time without my girls.  Nick will be taking care of them (with Jenni close by at all times!  haha) for the entire weekend, a total of five days without my girls. 

I think sometime this week, I'll be going running with my mom, since she is also doing the same program (only she's a couple weeks ahead of me) but it will be nice to at least have someone to run with!


So here's to hoping that the next time I run, it will be slightly easier and better!  Especially since I almost wasn't able to finish that last run. 

Week Three is looking to be more brutal then Week Two, and I'm not honestly looking forward to it, but I'm hoping it will be easier once my legs are used to this longer running.

No comments:

Post a Comment