Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Oddity of My Children

So as most of my friends and family know...my husband and I are in fact...Nerds.  We love it, we live it, and we're proud of it!  Now I don't mean Nerds in the sense of super smart (although that does fit my husband to a tee!) but the fact that the things we like to do and have in common, are often the things other people (not our friends...mind you...who are also proudly Nerds!) consider weird, or stupid, or just plain childish. 

Now I've been weird and Nerdy my entire life...I was practically born and raised that way.  Sure people tried to make me more ladylike and proper and get me into things like shopping and cooking, but that was never who I was as a person.

So when my children came around, I had to decide how I was going to raise them, but I didn't want them only liking the things I liked.  But sometimes what I have planned isn't how it's going to go...as my children have taught me, nothing, is ever set in stone!

Lizzie trying a Ballet Class, but she wasn't ready yet
Lizzie is my oldest and she is into the randomest (I know it's not a real word, but I'm making it one...so there!) stuff.  If you ask her what her favorite movie it, she'll tell you:

The Labyrinth - the child eats that movie up!


If you ask her her favorite TV show she'll tell you:

Doc McStuffins!


& of course She-Ra!
She even has already told me that she wants to be She-Ra for Halloween!! That will be a fun costume to make!

If you ask her what she likes more then anything else in the world, she'll tell you:

Spider Man!


Yes my child was born to be a Nerd! 

Lizzie loves almost anything that is slightly boyish (yet Pink is still her favorite color in the world!) and she loves just being herself.  She doesn't care if others don't like her...which isn't an issue yet, because her teachers tell me that she's one of the more popular kids in her class.  And she isn't afraid to be weird and odd!  It's something I wish will stay with her, for her entire life, because being herself is way more important then how you look or act.

Kenna is a Proud Supporter of her Uncle Monkey!

However, Kenna is my complete Girlie-girl!  She loves everything Pink, and Princess, and Pink!

Kenna and her Baby...she doesn't leave the house without her!
Kenna loves her baby dolls and her stuffed animals...treats like the children!  She won't go anywhere without her main baby, and trying to get her to sleep without it, is like trying to get your toddler to take a nap! 

Kenna loves wearing dresses and twirling around claiming that she is a Princess!  She loves to watch Princess Movies and shows about Princesses...


But most of all Kenna loves anything that has to do with Elmo!  Yes Elmo!  She loves her little furry monster and she has plenty of them!  Lizzie is now in that, I don't wanna watch Elmo stage, but Kenna she can't get enough of him!  She knows all his songs, and she sings along to him everyday!  Elmo is everything to her!

Kenna's Best Friend!

I love my girls!  And their weirdness!  I love the drama they cause and the random things they say and the special quirks that they've managed to make all their own!  But most of all, I'm proud to be a Mom...even if my children are a little Odd.  But honestly, what child isn't odd?

No comments:

Post a Comment