Monday, July 2, 2012

Week One Day One

Download the Couch to 5K podcastsSo this morning I got a late start on waking up, but I did thankfully manage to wake up before it got too hot outside.  Last night I was looking for anything to help me get through this, since I didn't have the money or resources to use the Couch-to-5k App, so I decided to go to iTunes to see what I could find, and after several misses I finally managed to find an Podcast that I really liked.

It's called NHS Couch to 5K, and yes before you ask, it is actually a British Podcast, but honestly that doesn't matter.  The music is actually pretty cool, and they formed songs that let you know when what you're doing, whether walking or jogging, is about to end.  The woman's voice is comforting and she's great at getting you motivated to complete the course.

iTunes Podcast Download - Completely Free!
So I decided, after not going for the last three days, to just start the week over, since it is a new week.  It's important to me that I do this, and knowing that I was able to do the whole 20 minutes without my sister there, pushing me, was inspiring.  It let me know that yes, I could do this, and yes it will be hard, but it will be worth it in the end.

Already I feel different then I did from the first time.  Yes I ache, but I can actually move this time.  Yes I wanted to give up when actually jogging, but thankfully the jogging was ending just as soon as I was ready to throw in the towel.  Breathing was easier, and afterward I felt refreshed and ready to go.

I'm actually pretty nervous about how I'm going to handle the weeks to come, but I now know that I really can do this!  I really want to do this, I want to accomplish this one thing that I never thought I'd be able to accomplish.  So here I am, Day One of Week One done!  Can't wait to see how well I do tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment