Saturday, July 7, 2012

Week One Completed

May I just start out by saying...I HURT!  Everywhere.  My back is killing me, has been all week.  I can't sleep properly because it hurts to move it.  My knee-caps are screaming at me, while my legs want to buckle under my all the time.  Not to mention the ankles that have always been against me - they tried rolling on me many times.  But with all that aching I'm just hoping that it will get better from here.

Sure I may have to consult a doctor to help me through this pain, but I've made it completely through Week One of Couch-2-5k.  Week Two here I come...

Day Two started out slow...I woke up late, but thankfully my husband didn't have to leave for work until twenty after nine, so I managed to get my Day Two in.  It was painful, I wasn't sure I was going to make it the entire twenty minutes.  But I did!  It was hard, and it was painful, and my legs wanted to fight with me, and my sides were protesting, but I managed to make it with plenty of time for my husband to go to work.

But I at least managed to find a jogging route that would finally work for me.  It has some hills, some up and downs, and mostly, It didn't take me far from my house. And the best part is no stoplights.  I don't have to stop for any reason.

Day Three was so brutal I was sure that I would collapse before the run was over.  My sides ached after almost every run, and while the breathing was easier, I still wasn't sure how I was going to make it.  I once again slept late, but not late enough that it would have been too hot to run (but it was almost too hot, so I really don't want to sleep in again...that is for sure).

So now I have completed Week One and I am ready, and scared, to move on to Week Two.  It will be more brutal then Week One, with a 90 second run followed by a 90 second cool down walk - for a total of twenty minutes.  I've barely made it to the 60 seconds so I'm just hoping that my body won't give up on me. 

So bring on Week Two!  Now I will start getting ready for swimming with the girls and my friend and her girls!  Can't wait for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment