Monday, July 23, 2012

Week Three Finished!!





So Week Three is done, and while I ache and hurt, I'm glad to see another week off my list!!  At first I wasn't sure I would be able to run for three minutes, since I barely ever made it through the 90 seconds, but thankfully I did six times in total!!  This week alone I managed to run for a total of 27 minutes this last week alone!  That makes me feel accomplished! 

If you don't remember Week Three is a Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:

  • Jog 90 seconds
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk or three minutes
Knowing that I am working toward running for twenty minutes straight without stopping makes all this pain worth it.

Now I am on to Week Four, which is more in-depth than Week Three was. 

Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes
  • Walk 2-1/2 minutes
  • Jog 3 minutes
  • Walk 90 seconds
  • Jog 5 minutes
If you're paying attention you'll notice that I will be running for a total of sixteen minutes, which is HUGE.  A big leap from where I was before.   It will mean most likely that my legs will protest some more, and my foot may want to give out, and my back will murder me later in the week, but the fact that I'm actually managing to do this (no matter how slow the pace may be - thankfully I have time to work on my speed and pace once I actually finish this program.) means more to me than I ever thought possible.


This coming week is going to be harder to do, just because of the husband's work schedule.  I have to be back in the house by 7:15ish to allow him time to get to the bus for work, which means I'll have to be up early to get my running done. 

Some people would say, of well nights work, but honestly here in the desert, nights are worse then mornings.  Once it gets hot...it pretty much, stays hot.  So now I am on to another week, halfway finished with this program!  I'm honestly glad that my sister talked me into doing this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment