Sunday, February 5, 2012

Starting Fresh

So I realize it's been beyond a year since I last posted, so I've decided to start anew.  First I'm going to point out that I plan to leave my old blogs here, but that I want to take a different approach to blogging.  For a while I've just been trying to blog while not being me...and it wasn't working for me.  So here I am...the new Stephanie. 

First I would like to say that this Blog is all about me and my girls.  Yes I know it's hard to believe, but that baby, Makenna is now a toddler!  She will be two in June and I just can not believe how much time has flown.  Lizzie is a preschooler now, and she is so smart!  Well honestly both my girls are very smart!  Yes I'm one of those bragging mom's!

So getting back on topic I want to talk about some ways I'd like to see my blog go.  First I want to be able to post about my wonderful daughters!  Even when they are annoying me, and driving me insane!!  I can't help but love them and want the best things in life for them.  Also I want to post recipe's on my site.  They are not recipe's I've created, but Recipe's I've used, and have come to love!  I've been getting heavily into baking, because my four year old, Lizzie, loves to bake!  Her Aunt Coley even made Lizzie her very own apron to help Mommy in the kitchen!

Lizzie is the silliest, funniest, most creative four year old I've ever seen!  I like to call her my girlie-girl/tomboy and I'll tell you why!  Lizzie loves the color pink...everything with her, has to be PINK!  But then sometimes she'll decide she wants a different color instead.  She always knows exactly what she wants, it's just sometimes hard to understand what it is she's trying to say.  Like today, for example.  Charlie Brown had fallen down behind the coach and she kept asking for what I swear sounded like her eyebrow...now can you see how I could confuse the two?  When I finally figured how what she wanted, we tried to work on how she was supposed to pronounce Charlie's name...but I'm afraid that she was just too suck with the lisp. 

"I'm going to be a Princess!"
Everything with Lizzie is Princess.  She loves Dressing up like a Princess!  To Lizzie dressing up like a ballerina means that she is dressing up like a princess.  We took her to a ballet class, but she was so excited she just couldn't sit still long enough to listen to the teacher, so the teacher suggested we wait a few months.  Instead she suggested having Lizzie watch a lot of Angelina Ballerina, and her Aunt Coley took that to heart!
Thanks Aunt Coley!
In the next coming week, Lizzie (and Kenna!) will be getting some books, DVDs, and just a lot of fun ballerina things in the mail!  Another thing Lizzie loves is her Rapunzel dress!  Now this dress isn't like others out there...in fact, Lizzie has a one of a kind dress, because her Aunt Coley (the Auntie Homemaker!) made Lizzie a special Rapunzel dress.  It really does look like the dress from Tangled, but it is completely Lizzie's!  Lizzie wears this dress almost everyday, and if I allowed her to, I'm sure she'd live in it! 

Now I say that Lizzie is a girlie-girl/tomboy because not only does she love girlie stuff, but she is heavily into Cars...and I'm not just talking about McQueen and Mater.  This girl lives for different types of cars.  Especially Queen (as Lizzie calls him!) and Mater, but she also happens to love hug trucks...like bulldozers!  She loves trains (she gets it from my dad!) and when she goes to Grandpa's house she could spend hours in his train room!

Proud Supporter of Uncle Monkey!
Now Kenna...Kenna is sweet, but man oh man you better watch out, because she's got an Irish temper like you wouldn't believe.  Kenna, I like to call her my mother hen.  She loves to mother things.  She has her own little baby doll and two Ty beanie baby bears which go everywhere with her!  Kenna is also really into Elmo.  Elmo is Mommy's best friend, because when Kenna wakes up from nap (while Lizzie is still in school) Mommy can put Elmo on and Kenna will sit there for a whole hour just watching it!  She knows all the songs and can follow anything they tell her do!  She is so super smart!

Dancing in my Princess Skirt
Kenna is only nineteen months old, but sometimes I forget that she is, because she's already understanding and listening far better then I though she would.  She pretty much can ask for anything she needs or wants, verbally, and she is very good at repeating what other people say.  I'm afraid my husband is still learning that he has to watch his mouth around the girls!  But Kenna is an amazing learner!  She loves to learn, and I'm trying to teach her all I can!  Kenna's favorite thing to do, is sitting in Mommy's lap.  (Honestly Mommy loves it too!) 

Dancing Along with Angelina Ballerina


I seriously love my girls and I love how different they are.  I love watching them grow and learn and play!  It still amazes me at how fast time flies with those two!  It seems like only yesterday they were just babies, and now...they're big girls ready to take on new experiences.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW!! They're so frickin' cute!! I totally support a blog about my nieces and food! In fact, it sounds like the best blog out there! :-D And I need to finish Kenna's princess dress so she can be one too! Hugs and Kisses to eveyone! ~Auntie Coley

    ReplyDelete