Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Banes of Cleaning

Being a mother one of the things I should be able to handle are the Early Mornings...but I'll admit, I hate waking up early.  I always feel like I don't get enough sleep, and I guess since I often don't get to bed until midnight or later, it's probably true.  Both my girls are early risers...Kenna mostly because Lizzie wakes her up.  They are always up before the sun...and very sneaky (Payback from my own Childhood...of that I am sure!).  Every morning my husband wakes up with the girls, because he too is an early riser, and he often tries to allow me to sleep as long as possible, then before he leaves for work, he comes in and wakes me up.  First thing in the morning, I'm always a little sluggish, and it takes me a while to get going, but once I'm up...I'm up! 

Often I wake up in the morning, dreading the state I'm going to find the living room in.  It seems like the girls know how to destroy the house in one take.  And I know what most of you are thinking...that is not possible...but believe me...it really is.  So usually I have to take the time to clean up...or attempt to get my girls to help me clean up.  That has shown to be a true challenge. 

Kenna often will pick of the things I ask her to do.  She loves picking up the shoes and the little stuff.  But Lizzie, is a force to be reckon with.  She fights and argues and whines whenever I ask her to help me clean.  After I make a few threats, and turn off the T.V. she whines some more and then sulks on the couch, before reluctantly getting up and helping me clean. 

The one mess I haven't managed to tackle, is their bedroom.  It seems like no matter how often Nick and I get them to pick it up, moments later it's a complete mess again.  It always manages to baffle me and I spend hours a day just trying to clean. 

I haven't even started to try to get the pen marks off the walls.  They clearly are not on the top of my list...keeping my house clean is more of an issue.

So here's to trying to get my girls to clean up today...since once again, the house is in a little need of some TLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment