Sunday, February 5, 2012

Game Day

So today is game day, and while no one will be at my house...other then me and my girls...I decided to get a few things to make the day a little more special.  Earlier the girls and I headed off to the store to get a few things that I happened to be missing from my kitchen, and then we came home and tried to do a little picking up.  They tried, but we're working on it.  Once the girls were down for a nap, I got to work.

Last night I was visiting recipe sites, because I live for new things to try out!  And I came across something that looked good, and I figured it would be a good, light dessert for me and the girls!


Strawberry Oatmeal Bars

2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved

Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Level: Easy
Serves: 24 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 sticks salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 cup oats
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • One 10 to 12-ounce jar strawberry preserves

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.

Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan. Spread with the strawberry preserves. Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly. Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely, and then cut into squares.


Now, I'm just a simpleton, so I love that this recipe was quick and easy to make.  I didn't use a 9-by-13-inch pan, because I didn't have one, but as you can see, a 9-by-9-inch pan works just as well.  I really can't wait to try it and I know that my girls are going to love it!  My next attempt I'm going to try Raspberry Jam and I have a feeling that it will really be something that disappears quickly!

Something that I was really looking forward to make was Ree Drummond Flat Apple Pie.  I mean it seriously the smartest way I've ever seen to make a pie.  She doesn't need anything but a cookie sheet!  So I really can't wait, but sadly I left my lemons and apples at the store, so tomorrow I will have to go and get them.  Well it's almost game time and I'm gearing down for t-time!  And in case you were wondering, yes I am cheering for the Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment